Thursday 30 November 2017

How many tickles...

...does it take to make an Octopus laugh?.. - ... why ten tickles of course! 😁😁😁

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

The reason for my silly octopus joke is that I wanted to share with you a pic of Octavia, my little octopus friend, wellll I say little, but she is actually about 45 inches across from the tip of one tentacle to the tip of the opposite one. 
I came across the pattern in one of my crochet magazines last year and have wanted to make her ever since and I finally managed it during my wedding invitation marathon, crocheting a bit each evening as a break from all the repetitiveness of the invitations.

 She usually sits on top of one of armchairs in the bay window and in the evening when the blinds are shut and the lights are on, from the outside you can see the silhouette of her head and the chair, which makes it look like there is someone sitting there, so my house always looks octipi-ed, hehe!. She serves a dual purpose as Charlie loves to play with her, usually flinging her around and fighting with her during the day, and then she works security of an evening LOL!.

Over the past few months I have also made a couple of security blanket loveys, I made the pink and lemon one first, just because I wanted to, then a friend asked if I would make it in lemon and grey for a new baby boy and when I found out my niece was expecting a little girl in the New Year, I made her the unicorn one.





finally...
What does an Octopus say when it changes a light bulb...

Many hands make light work!!! (groan)

and on that note, I am off to do some work myself.

Thanks for calling,
take care,
Colette xx 

No comments: